These warranty regulations define the scope of free repairs for the products bought. If necessary, they might be changed without prior notice. We will notify about any changes to the warranty details on our homepage.
- The warranty period for our products varies from 1 to 3 years from the date of purchase. The exact warranty period for each product is shown on the product site under "Important to know" and on the warranty slip inserted with every main product sold. Attachments to Kobold VK200 and Kobold VB100 have the same warranty period as the main unit, also when bought as single items.
- The warranty applies only to
customers residing in Japan and to the use of the product within Japan.
- If the product bought does not operate according to the specifications, it will be repaired free of charge during the warranty period. We reserve the right to exchange the defect product instead of repairing it.
- The warranty covers technical fees for diagnosis, repair, adjustment, inspection, etc., costs for spare parts and auxiliary materials as well as the round trip shipping fees from customer's location in Japan to the repair center. For repairs, we may use recycled parts that meet our quality standards.
- Free warranty repair will be granted if the product bought malfunctions within the warranty period despite normal use according to the instructions in the user manual or other paper or online documents made available.
- However, in the following cases, the free warranty will not apply even if the product is within the warranty period:
- Failure or damage caused by careless operation and by neglecting necessary care.
- If the product is not used as described in the user manual or in other paper or online documents made available. If the product is connected with equipments other than those specified by the manufacturer.
- If the product is used for purposes other than household use.
- If repairs or modifications are done in an improper way, such as use of non-genuine parts (parts made from a company other than the original manufacturer), incorrect disassembly or assembly performed by an unauthorised third party, repairs or modifications made by an unauthorised third party.
- Normal wear and tear such as fuses, filters and brushes. Scratches and other usage related, non-functional damages.
- Battery consumption due to normal use or reduced usage time due to progressed battery life.
- Failures and damage caused by fire, natural disasters (earthquakes, wind and flood damage, lightning strikes, etc.), salt damage, etc.
- Usage with a power source other than AC 100V, 50/60Hz.
- Malfunctions and damage caused by relocation, transportation, dropping, etc. after purchase.
- In the event of failure or damage caused by the installation location, customer usage environment, or management method (example: Malfunction due to dust, rust, mold, insect/small animal intrusion, etc.).
- Malfunction or damage due to improper storage (in a cold or hot and humid place) or improper maintenance.
The cause of the failure is equipment or the connection with equipment not bought from us (e.g. communication/reception environment like router/Wi-Fi equipment or smart devices which do not meet the requirements).
Disclaimer: Our warranty is limited to the repair of
the product purchased by the customer, and does not cover direct or indirect
damage or incidental damage (loss of profits, etc.) caused by the use.
- The warranty period of the product will not be extended by repairing or replacing parts.
- To receive warranty service for our products, information such as the serial number, date of purchase and store name is required. Please keep your purchase receipt, delivery slip, etc. in a safe place. We will not be able to grant free warranty repair if the purchasing date cannot be documented.
- We are exclusively selling new products. Thus, the purchasing date of the new product is relevant and documents showing the initial purchasing date have to be presented. We will not grant free warranty repair for products which were bought as used ones or as display/demonstration products.
- Regulation of initial defects: In case a product malfunctions from the very first use, we will replace this product with a new one. We will accept defects as initial defect only if we are notified within 1 week after customer received the product. After 1 week normal warranty regulations are applied. So, it is essential that customers check the products delivered as soon as possible after they received them.